[Fwd: Nology]

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Wed Dec 30 05:06:57 GMT 1998

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998 02:20:27 -0800 Aaron Willis
<darkmonahue at awwwsome.com> writes:

>>Nope... Excessive RFI under the hood (where the PCM was located)
leading to
>>the PCM frying several of it's inputs! Dealer even said it was the RFI
from
>>the Nology wires and submitted several work orders from their factory
>>showing similar problems with other vehicles across the country that
used
>>the Nology wires...
>
>	If Nology wires are not properly grounded, then you get get
>"excessive
>RFI". By proper grounding, I don't mean just bolting the ground straps
>the most convienent point, but ensuring continuity as well. Was the
>installation even checked for continuity to ground? For some cars,
Nology
>even sells Ground Straps, becuase of this problem. Most of the
'problems'
>assosiated with Nology wires come from the installation, rather than the
>wires themselves.
>	Countless numbers of my customers use Nology wires everyday,
with no
>"excessive RFI" problems, and many on the list do as well. Marc Summers
>even makes his own version !
>	MHO, YMMV
>Regards,
>Stephen Gunter. icq 285675
>http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/7177
>home of the toyota-mods web ring

What are these wires supposed to do?  Do they cause the spark energy to
be compressed into a shorter time span?  For the $100.00 +, I would go
for capacitive discharge ignition and actually increase the amount of
energy that goes to the sparkplug.  I believe that they sell a kit in Oz
for around fifty bucks.  No snake oil, just a straightforward application
of known electronic technology.

Several years ago, I built a $35.00 heathkit CDI box.  My current vehicle
uses a somewhat more expensive Jacobs Omni Magnum.  It got rid of a high
end miss and causes it to idle well even in cold weather.  No, I'm not
trying to hawk Jacobs products.  There are lots of other products out
there that will do the trick.