Water Injection Thread

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Wed Dec 30 23:25:05 GMT 1998

>the road? Or track? Or did it die on the dyno? Because I would like to

Blew apart on the dyno.  We had a different reiteration of the same setup
which we shoved into an old Nova, however we didn't get anywhere near the
same power levels (not even half) in the real world.  Just on the Dyno!
So, no powertrain testing.

>built one not even that radical that would lift the front wheels when
>downshifted in 3rd :) :) well ok, it's a mid-engine...but still).

For chassis setup and testing, I'll be using a N/A 4.1L block with an Audi
FWD transaxle, which will be replaced with the Porsche G50-50 transaxle,
with a build up to about 500 HP.  This is more than enough for my 2200lb
target weight :)

I figure 500 HP is more than enough (prolly overkill), and the Porsche unit
will survive.  A friend of mine runs more than that through it, however its
top RPM power, not off the line power (grunt) like the buick Engine.  I
have concerns about 1st gear actaully.

>What figures are Grand Nationals putting out for the quarter? They are
>the mid-eighties turboed Buick Regals, right? Displacement? Boost?

3.8L plus overbore, typically in the 8-10 lb range... putting out 250 stock
and about 350 with minor mods.  Seen them in the 750 HP range, but they
have stage II motors, which is why mine blew to smiterines.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
1973 Lincoln Continental (460cid)
1975 Dodge D200 3/4 ton Club Cab
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car

-