Water Injection Thread

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Thu Dec 31 02:27:16 GMT 1998

> I figure 500 HP is more than enough (prolly overkill), and the Porsche
unit
> will survive.
Is this Porsche unit difficult/expensive to get?
 A friend of mine runs more than that through it, however its
> top RPM power, not off the line power (grunt) like the buick Engine.  I
> have concerns about 1st gear actaully.

I have a light car 640kg with a turbo engine  with about 200hp.(NSU TT
69mod.rear engine).the transmision and drive line is the orginal designed
for 40hp...
I change the drive shafts and rubber (!)damped joints each 15000km
(1000miles?)if I am careful in first gear.First gear is like nail the pedal
and let it of and change gear.
Your car must be twice as fast!
I think your tiers will slip before you get any dangerous torque in that
light
car.....the turboes will not have time to react before you are in
....second
gear...
The Volvo850  turbo have the ecu lowering the boost in first gear.(maybe
you
need it for your 3rd?!!)
Do you have any pictures of your monster engine, I would love to hear more
details.Very impressing acomplishment .
Espen Hilde