Min. injector off time

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Feb 3 20:24:27 GMT 1998

Ok let me try again.
1 cylinder engine SEFI, running max of 6,000 rpm..
That cylinder would be firing 3000 times a min, or
50 times a sec..  For a 85% dury cycle it would be
on, .017 sec., right?.

Now if that (using round numbers) injector takes
.002 sec to open and fire the injector is only
open .015, and is flowing maybe not 10% less
but alot less than it's rated amount.  As we spin
that eng higher, aren't we actually leaning it out
more and more since this lag time is decaying the
actual flow time????...
     Also even at the 6000 rpm mark we are down
say 10% from it's rating do to the lag time, isn't
that throwing things off, for injector sizing??..
    Now quoting Turbo and High Perf Mag, who
consulted with RC Eng, as you approach 90
and more duty cycle the injector Locks open,
or Locks mid stroke, 1/2 open.
    So wouldn't larger injectors when in doubt
be the only route, or at least a rising rate
fuel pressure regulator???.
Sorry for the BW, but I gotta know
TIA  Bruce