j1850 Ford

Richard J Lebens rick-l at rocketmail.com
Tue Feb 3 20:34:33 GMT 1998

After some searching I found an applications note that talks about
j1850 pwm from Motorola.  They describe communications using a j1850
communications interface (JCI) chip.  Seems perfect for looking at a
Ford product bus.  Only trouble is JCI chip part number SC371016 is
not listed on their semiconductor products web site.  Anyone know what
this is and if it is available anywhere.

Also is there anyone out there who could give me a brief description
of what the Ford j1850 transmitter and receiver circuit looks like.

Before I go and order the two SAE specs at $75 each does anyone think
this is the right path to pursue to do data logging OBD etc.