Min. injector off time

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Feb 4 17:56:24 GMT 1998

ref Ward Williamsom:

Another trick is to run peak and hold driver's with a saturated
switch injector,.........

How does that work?.  A peak and hold driver allows four amps
to flow, and then drops off to one, or so I've been told.  A
saturated injector has a resistance of 12-18 ohms, so it will
never "pass" four amps.  At 12V, a 12 ohm injector will pass
1 amp,  Well some EEs will disagree, but cording to the ohms
law I know that sounds right.
  With some schematics I seen there is a resistor on the ground
side of the device that grounds the injector on the peak+holds
to monitor the current, at least that's my assumption.  In which
case that would be a current limiter on the saturated injector,
which would slow it down if anything.  Any EE who has this
figured out, I'd like to hear it....
Bruce      On the issue of Cone shaped hats and mice not
               getting cancer we need to know if it is cause or
               effect.  There may be an up side to wearing them
               after all....