HALTECH E6GM rebuttal

Andris Skulte askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Wed Feb 4 18:07:39 GMT 1998

bruce plecan wrote:

> ref Ward Willianson:
> Better than any stock ecm.
>
> I'll be polite, and say that is a bold statment to
> make to this list.
> Maybe some other unit was easy, and enjoyable for
> you to use.  But remember that is your opinion.
> With the right program you can move as much
> in the fuel/timing areas as any non-oem.

I was under the impression that the aftermarket ignition/fuel computers
could only alter fuel injector pulsewidth and timing. Couldn't you do
all this by burning new chips? PITA, but wouldn't that work just as well
as an aftermarket system? I was planning on getting a DFI, setting the
car up, and then burning that info into a chip, and selling the DFI.
Comments?

********************Skulte Performance Designs************************
Andris Skulte   askulte at tufts.edu   http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~askulte
89 IROC M5 305 TPI     13.5 at 104.1   320 hp / 470 ft lbs

Leave late, drive faster, still get there first. ;)