Accel DFI Calmap Maps for Olds 455 or Chevy 454 wanted

Zachary Zehnacker zzehnack at stevens-tech.edu
Wed Feb 4 20:10:22 GMT 1998

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998 rbraun at mail.enter.net wrote:

> Can't help you out with a map, but, if you have the size (lb/hr) of
> the injectors in the TB you're using take the stock 350 map and in
> off-line edit mode multiply by the conversion factor to use your
> injectors.
>
> (22lb/hr X 8 ) divided by (your inj X 4 ) X 100 = % conversion factor
>
> Everyone, does that look right, It's been awhile since I did this.
>
> If you have Calmap V6.2 there's a utility to create a map based on
> motor and injector info.
>
> Randy Braun     rbraun at enter.net
> 91  GTA
> 82 Firebird

Randy,

Thanks for the reply.  We have Calmap version 6.32.  We have played around
with it a little, but have not seen the utility you mention that creates
the map.  I will look for it tonight.  The Calmap program allows switching
the mode from port to TBI which appears from the description in the manual
to double the amount of injector fires.  Is my understanding of this
option correct?  The throttle body has 36 lb injectors.  If these are
firing at twice the rate that the port injectors would, does it sound
right that I would have to actually reduce the pulse-width from the TPI
maps to get closer to the correct fuel mixture?

	Thanks,
		Zachary Zehnacker
		zzehnack at attila.stevens-tech.edu