HALTECH E6GM rebuttal

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Feb 4 21:26:32 GMT 1998

ref Andris:
Sounds like your going thru alot of extra time,
and money.  Why the DFI?.  Who's to say the
language for the tables will be the the same.
For example, if your aftermarket tables are in
pulse width, personally I don't know/haven't
seen how to get from that to VE (volumetric
effeciency).  If the DFI has a limit of 8% for
O2 and the OEM is 10%, or visa versa then
what.
  I've heard of where the local smog police
types have legislation saying the ALDL has
to be accessible (think it was CA+PA) if
anyone is clear on that passing please reply.
  At least with a OEM it almost looks stock,
and might be a feather in your cap for working
with them folks.
  If a street car then every year or two you might
have to play the inspection game.
  If a street car having a EGR, TCC, fuel vapor
solenoid, cooling fan, A/C cut out, high idle
for P/S, are all points to consider.  Depending
on who your friends are their may be ways to
render these inop for off highway use, and
with a chip change be legal again.
  The E6GM in their advertising is a plug in
for a GM ECM, which means that it may/may
not have the self diagnostics.
  Jus some things to think about.
Bruce     Considering metal implants for
              magnetic attachment of Cone
              shaped hat, eliminates chin
              strap retension method