New list subscriber

Robert Humphris r.humphris at indigo-avs.com
Fri Feb 6 09:54:09 GMT 1998

Having just found this list,  I thought that I would introduce myself,
and tell you about my current project.

I have a Renault 5GT Turbo, which came as standard with an Ignition
module, a carb, a Garrett T2 turbo, and a 1.4 engine.  The power output
as standard was 120bhp.
In the pursuit of more power I did all the usual things, rebuilt the
engine having lightened the reciprocating parts, modified cam, gasflowed
the cylinder head, manifolds, carb. Fitted a Hybrid T2/T25 turbo charger
etc.  Power was upto 200bhp, with a nice torque spread.

As I am stuipid I have sold the engine, and am now fitting a 2Litre
engine from a Volvo440, which is a renault engine, and thus will fit.  I
have bought myself a Bendix ECU unit from a Renault 21 Turbo, which has
a different engine to the one I am fitting, but as it was for something
of similar capacity, and has a pressure regulator to compensate the ECU
for turbo boost, and as the price was right, I could not see any better
option.

My questions for the members of this here list are: Does anyone know
about this ECU? What problems do you envisage me having.  Is there a
simpler way of injecting this engine and keeping the Ignition module
from the previous turbocharged engine ( eg a stand alone EFi unit ) that
I can buy or build?