Tuning O2sensor Knock Sensor Engine Damage

Squash mpc at genevaonline.com
Tue Feb 10 21:19:29 GMT 1998

> This sounds suspect. My street car (10.4:1 compression) detonates
> just a touch at WOT on 93 octane. If what you are saying is true, I
> would loose torque (and therefore power) if I ran AVGAS.
>
> I don't believe this for a second, what's your source for this
> information?. Who's R&D?

I think what he means is that peak efficiency for that octane of gas.
Higher octane fuel is slower burning, and will take more ignition
advance.  More advance, more power.  With higher octane fuel, that point
of detonation usually goes up.  That leaves a little more room for
ignition advance.
--
Andy Quaas