O2 sensor voltage output

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Thu Feb 12 01:11:49 GMT 1998

> ref Frank Parker:
>
> The voltage to AFR chart you show might be right
> for bosch but like I said was working with GM sensors
> and with them I'll stick to what I said.  BTW most of

All of the single cells sensors that I have seen or read about in SAE
papers have the same electrochemistry and thus very similar outputs
in that region.

> the GNs going quick that I've heard of/seen use a
> turbolink, to record O2s, not a DVM.  Trying to read
> a DVM at WOT is difficult for me.  Glancing at a
> 10 LED Display isn't.  And I said as an indicator,
> and to do plug cuts.  No where did I say blindly
> totally rely on the 10 element, and I did explain
> differences in installation, and readings.
>   For a novice getting his feet wet, it is the best
> cost effective manner to get in the neighborhood
> that I've seen/used.

I agree and made and use one in my turbo Honda before I bought
the Bailey meter that uses the LSM-11 and the NTK meter which uses
a whole different type of constant current driven dual element cell.

>   If this is such a bad idea, what do you offer as
> an alternative?.
> Bruce

It is not a bad idea IF used with caution. That is all I was trying to
say. There is so much wrong info out there from what seems like
resonable sources that says the range from 0.1 to 0.7 volts covers several
a/f #'s when it is about 0.5-0.7 a/f.

Regards,

Frank Parker