Anyone who RE:ed O2

Scott Shotton stucky at interaccess.com
Thu Feb 12 05:16:21 GMT 1998

I am sorry for joking around.  I thought people had a sense of humor.  I
guess I'll just have to think twice about writing about downstream O2's.

For everyones information:
1.  O2 sensors are mounted upstream of the converter.
    The converter changes the exhaust and would create a false reading.
2.  Yes, some cars have more than 1.
3.  OBDII vehicles can use as many as 4.  But two are called CMS.
    Catalyst Monitor sensors.  ie.  2 O2's, 1 in each exhaust bank.
    And 2 CMS 1 after each cat.  02 varies from 100-800mv.  450mv =
    14.7 to 1.  CMS flatlines lean to show that the cat is doing it's
    job.

I could go on for hours, but I think I have said enough.  Lighten up a
little... I was just KIDDING.

Scott