In-tank fuel pumps

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Thu Feb 12 10:01:46 GMT 1998

Joe Boucher wrote:

> Squash wrote:
> >
> > Does anybody know of an in-tank type of fuel pump that equals or
> > surpasses 15 PSI @ 410 lb/hour?  How much does a pump from a 1992 454
> > TBI chevy truck flow?  Thanks!
> > --
> > Andy Quaas
>
> I had the parts man sell me the stock in-tank pump for the 454SS truck.
> Then I had him look up the part numbers for the 350, 305, 4.3 engines.
> Would you care to quess?  They all used the same part number.  I hope
> the 4.3 has a big return line in it.
>

> Joe Boucher
> '70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban

  Certain years, maybe 93 or 94, or both, used different pumps for 454 and
run higher pressure to help reduce formation of vapors in the fuel lines.
Sorry, no spec #'s here at home.

Also.  Note that a stock GM tbi pump has a small, black allen head
"fitting" in the side.  Now look down into the outlet and notice that there
is a restriction, caused by a hole in the "fitting" not being aligned with
the hole in the outlet.  Need more volume?  Turn the "fitting" with an
allen wrench until there is no restriction.  No speculations about long
term effects though.

Shannen