Electronic valve control

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Thu Feb 12 21:08:33 GMT 1998

>Only problem I see (or at least the first one) is CR. The volume of the
>"port" in the cyl is added to the clearance volume.

Good point.

So, the next brainy off the cuff idea would be to have two holes at the top
of the chamber, and the cylinder mates with either hole during the
intake/exhaust strokes, and in between the chamber is sealed as the holes
don't line up.

Would have to radius all the edges to prevent detonation, and the material
thickness of the top of the head where the cylinder rests would have to be
awfly thin, otherwise as you said, it would add to the clearance volume.

Good catch :)

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/