Adapter

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Thu Feb 12 21:53:48 GMT 1998

<<
 I have now read thru every catalog I have looking for a
 IDE pc board header,  what's the trick.  I have found
 at least 50 different alphabet phrased connectors,
 headers, and not one IDE..  I want to do calpaks
 without removing the proms.  Does anyone have a
 Source, Phone Number, and Part Number?.   >>

The IDE is a 40 pin connector and will work.  You obviously
need the male connector, and all IDE cables are fem.
If you can't find a male ide connector (header),
look for a 50 pin SCSI male connector.   Most computer
cable houses could get you a SCSI ribbon cable with at least
one male connector and one female, for under $15.

Another thing to try is the adapter cable for many internal tape drives.
You know, the ones that connect to your floppy drive cable?
Iomega. colorado, bla....  It has the ends you need.  male & female.
HTH
Mike V.