Carbon Fiber Intakes (Con't).

Max maxboost at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 13 05:31:34 GMT 1998

I read this post and thought, boy does this sound familiar.  You must be
Heinrich Gerhard from H.O. Racing in Lawndale.  I work with Don Helfenstein
at Nissan and he has mentioned your name on many occasions.  Don had
mentioned this project recently and suggested that I should come by and
take a look with him sometime.

Small world.

Steve Mitchell

----------
> From: HeinGer at aol.com
> To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re: Carbon Fiber Intakes (Con't).
> Date: Wednesday, February 11, 1998 8:46 PM
>
> As a guy who works with composites for a living (major aerospace
company), let
> me add my $.02 to the string...  First of all, fiberglass cloth will
handle
> ANY heat that an auto engine can throw at it.  I wrapped my header tubes
with
> it.  The problem with heat is the resin used for the laminate.  If you
use an
> epoxy resin like Hysol 9396, which has high strength up to about 350 deg
F,