Adapter [IDE or ISA]

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Fri Feb 13 13:44:22 GMT 1998

ECMnut at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 98-02-12 18:42:48 EST, Wayne wrote:
>
> > Is the desired job to read calpaks(MEMCAL we call them) while they are
> > still in the ECU. If so that may mean you want an edge connector similar to
> > the ISA bus connector of a PC, the PC connector is 2 rows of 31 pins the
> > ECU's I've seen are 2 rows of 30 pins.
>
> You only need to connect your EPROM reader/programmer to the 20 pairs of
> pins at the EPROM end of the plastic carrier.  Forget about the other 10
> pairs.
> The right ribbon cable will adapt the Neeham's (& similar) programmer to
> the chip while it is still in the carrier.
>
> HEY! does anyone have a really good eprom eraser to buy, for erasing
> the chips, in the carrier, with the least amount of profanity?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike V
> ECMnut at aol.com
Good cheep E-Prom eraser can be made from a "germicide" bulb from a
clothes drier. It uses a small candelebra base socket. Get an old
flourescent ballast, and connect the primary in series with the bulb.
Put it in a light proof metal box with a microswitch to ensure the light
is off when you open the lid so you don't fry your eyeballs. I've had
mine for over 10 years now. Total cost was about $15 at the time.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!