ALDL data stream information - An update

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Sun Feb 15 12:49:06 GMT 1998

Daniel Burk <ws6transam at voyager.net> wrote:
> I've updated the ALDL data stream page already.
> I've added the ground-work for implementing the remaining document.
> Oh yeah,
>                 The link is:   http://www.isthq.com/~dan/aldl.htm

Hey, great!  It is so good that I'll refrain from commenting on the
color usage.

I assume that this is a direct transcription of the printed document?
If not, the organization of a few things could be improved.  Several
comments:

My screen (nor printer) isn't wide enough to show the ALDL pinout
diagrams properly.  The lines get wrapped.

What's "GM30"?  It looks like it might be the SFI Buick 3.8.

The table called "TBI(ALL), and Pontiac MFI(TPI)" looks like it is the
conversion table for the MAT sensor.  It _exactly_ matches what someone
"reversed" out of Diacom for the MAT sensor on the Pontiac 2.8 M(P)FI.
Given the hardware design, I expect it also applies to Chevy MFI.  Also,
the CTS data for the Pontiac 2.8 follows the C = (0.75*N)-40 formula.

The 160 baud table and errata is really confusing - and I think you have
a typo/error in the footnote.  It would easier to understand if it was
split into three tables.

               unsigned long BinToBCD(unsigned long i) {unsigned long t;
Ludis Langens     return i ? (t = BinToBCD(i >> 1), (t << 1) + (i & 1) +
ludis at cruzers.com            (t + 858993459 >> 2 & 572662306) * 3) : 0;}