Bigger throttle body & Digest format

James Seabolt jseabolt at preferred.com
Wed Feb 18 04:14:17 GMT 1998

Hi, I'm new to this list.

I installed a bigger throttle body on my 2.5 liter Jeep Wrangler along with
a power pipe and K&N conical filter from Turbo City.

The manufactuer said that it's suppose to add 12 HP. I believe it because I
can make it up hills in 4th gear now.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing to my Fiat spider. The engine is a
2.0 liter but I'm not sure what the bore is of the throttle plate is. I
found the best replacement for my car is from a 2.8 liter 280Z. I'll have to
build a box to replace the original air intake plenium (because the throttle
body is part of the plenium) and bolt the Z body to it. Both cars use the
same injection system so the throttle position switches will interchange.
Also the "plane" of the bodies are the same on both models.

Is a 2.8 liter throttle body too big for a 2.0 liter engine? I figure the
engine can only breathe so much air so it shouldn't smother it.

I'm planning on installing a turbo. Will installing a bigger throttle body
be worthless?

Any other tricks on how to modify the Bosch L-jetronic system and other
interchangable parts from the 280Z appreciated.

One last question. Is there anyway to recieve this mailing list in Digest form?

James Seabolt -----> mailto:jseabolt at preferred.com
Webpage: http://pages.preferred.com/~jseabolt
ICQ # : 7344463

United States