GM-HEI Modules

bamcknig at postoffice.syspac.com bamcknig at postoffice.syspac.com
Thu Feb 19 20:23:24 GMT 1998

Bruce

In some cases that works fine  BUT  with the four cylinder short
housing, they don't make a coil in cap.  I thought that was no
problem, just use an 8 cyl and hook up every other one.  WRONG
The terminals on the eight cyl cap are rotated 22 1/2 degrees. So
when you have the reluctor firing the coil, the rotor is not on a
terminal.
Any way after I moved the reluctor 22 1/2 degreees, I didn't like it.
The coil is too heavy and the cap retaining springs too weak.  On a
VERY rough road, the cap would lift off the housing  and the rotor
would disintegrate when it hit the cap leaving you very stranded.  I
didn't take heed the first time, but the second time I got the
message and went back to remote coil..
Bob McKnight Phx AZ