1949 validation

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu Feb 19 22:01:00 GMT 1998

Sandy <sganz at wgn.net> wrote:
> The parts are easy to get as well.

In addition to the usual mail-order sources for LM1949's, They can also
be pulled from some GM ECM's.  In particular, the 83-86 2.5 L4 TBI ECMs
use what appears to be a 1949.  The chip in the ECM here on my desk is
marked:

33005 522
980      A
     3640

The "980" seems to be a vendor code.  The "33005 522" might be some sort
of date or lot code.  This leaves the "3640" as a partial part number.
Following GM's pattern, the full number would be 03640 or 16003640.

The old 2.5 L4 ECMs are very readily available.  If your technology
recycling facility has demand/supply based pricing, you should be able
to walk away with one for a song.  As a bonus, it will include an 0.1
ohm 1% sense resistor.

I've added the LM1949 to my GM chip pinout data at
http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/pinouts.html .

               unsigned long BinToBCD(unsigned long i) {unsigned long t;
Ludis Langens     return i ? (t = BinToBCD(i >> 1), (t << 1) + (i & 1) +
ludis at cruzers.com            (t + 858993459 >> 2 & 572662306) * 3) : 0;}