Electramotive TEC II Fuel Injection - HELP !!!! & me/mine/mods

Michael Bachmann mib at afts.com.au
Thu Feb 19 22:10:55 GMT 1998

Hi everyone,
In Australia (Oz), we know little about Electramotive FI (except that the Factory Racing Nissans used it), and I am building a race car that I need an EFI system for.  There is a guy selling a TEC II system that is complete except for harness and injectors, the system is new, for ~ AUS $700 (US $470).

Any ideas/hints/tips with this system, is it good ?, what is the approx price in USA ?, and does Electramotive have a web site ?

All help will be appreciated.

Also, here is a list of my project details (the car will be used for circuit racing)

	Body -		1977 RA-28 Liftback
	Engine :	3S-GE, retro fitted with turbo pistons, rod bolts and flywheel bolts
Turbo :	Garrett T0-4, A/R - 0.60, unknown ex. Trim at the moment (Class rules dictate the fitment of a 36mm restrictor within 50 mm of the compressor blades.  SHIT !!!!!!)
	Intercooler :	Ex Nissan DR30 Group A Skyline (core is 17" x 21" x 3" thick)
	Gearbox :	W55 Supra
Diff :	Currently measuring up a post '86 Tarago (same 7.5" centre as Hilux 4WD but with 4 stud axles and same mounting method as Celica)
Rear Brakes :	242 Volvo Discs with Commodore front calipers
Front Brakes :	12" x 1.1" Lockheed drilled discs with 'large' 4 spot Alcon calipers

Cheers

Michael Bachmann       :-(..!..:-|..?..:-)

Michael Bachmann
Senior Technical Officer				E-mail mib at afts.com.au
Australian Flight Test Services Pty Ltd		tel (+61 8) 8262 6998
Innovation House West				fax (+61 8) 8343 8888
Technology Park				World Wide Web: http://www.afts.com.au
The Levels  SA 5095
AUSTRALIA