Variable Compression, Variable Displacement you decide

ptimmerm at mashtun.JPL.NASA.GOV ptimmerm at mashtun.JPL.NASA.GOV
Thu Feb 19 22:40:25 GMT 1998

>Yes they supers have a bad habit of wasting power by overcompressing
>from what all the books say.  It may be bad design on the intakes part,
>but it seems to be very common.  I think it compresses the charge
>excessively and then it expands while still in the intake.   I guess
>this is a design problem, it may not be a problem in the
>mass production super cars (ie the perviously made Fort Thunderbird SC,

I thought that all modern super cars ran with bypass vavles to
eliminate this problem.  Race car versions use blow off vavles
to less off extra boost at low rpms.

paul timmerman