HEI timing

Squash mpc at genevaonline.com
Fri Feb 20 13:53:59 GMT 1998

Shannen Durphey wrote:

> Squash wrote:
>
> > I just bought an Accell blue-print ditributor that fits an '83 305 chevy
> > truck.  It uses that same 4-pin module as the 70's era HEIs.  this is a
> > coil-in-cap unit.  I can vary my timing from 0 to about 40 degrees with
> > the ECU.  There is a 4-pin connector coming out of the distributor.
>   I think you're saying that you can set base timing anywhere between 0 and
> 40 deg.  Or do you mean that you've got a separate timing control?
>
> Shannen

no, base timing is set to zero with a timing light and the TPS
disconnected.  That way the ecu (don't forget, digital projection) can
vary the timing from zero up to around 40 degrees.  I have verified this
with my timing light and much thought.  I can then change the entire
range of spark advance on my laptop.
--
Andy Quaas