Rods

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Fri Feb 20 17:35:12 GMT 1998

>    Don't forget that too much boost at low RPM will cause great stress on
>the connecting rods and crankshaft.  Boosted motors need the inertia of the
>pistons to balance out some of the gas loads.  My question is,  why do you
>want to have all of this complication?

Unless I misunderstood something, I was under the impression from Corky
Bell's Turbo book, that higher boosts at lower RPMs caused less stress than
less boost at higher RPMs, because most of the rod stress was from the
piston being jerked down immediately after the exhaust cycle.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental