FW: Electramotive TEC II Fuel Injection - HELP !!!! & me/mine/mods

Atkinson, David DATKINSO at COSMPDGATE.CO.SYMBIOS.COM
Fri Feb 20 17:35:13 GMT 1998

Hi guys (and gals).  I'm using the TEC II right now on a daily driver
454.  Nothing radical on/in the engine, just a street truck.  I've had
great results with this unit - it is easily tunable and the performance
is good.

You can set it up for batch or phased sequential injection, it uses a
Motronic (60-2) crank-mounted trigger, and is well made.  The only issue
you may have is that the spark is generated by individual coil packs (one
coil for 2 companion cylinders on a V-8 engine).  For a street engine
with a mild cam this is quite acceptable, but if you have a radical cam
with a lot of overlap you may run into some trouble.  I'm not sure what
effect the waste spark (on the exhaust stroke of the companion cyliner)
would have in this situation, if any.  Of course if this is a 4-cylinder
engine then this is of no concern to you!  (I have no idea what a 3S-GE
engine is).

$470 is a killer deal - I'm sure you could sell it for that much if you
didn't like it.  Give it a try!

BTW, their WWW site is:  www.electromotive-inc.com

Hope this helps!

 Dave