Dwell and HEI's

TWright669 at aol.com TWright669 at aol.com
Sat Feb 21 03:50:10 GMT 1998

"Why all the concern about dwell?
My understanding:
If there is too much, the coil gets hot and maybe burns up.
If there is not enough, you get a weak spark.

Gm  uses the same module - reluctor coil- Hi voltage coil etc. on
both their 4 and 8cyl vehicles.  Over a very wide rpm range.

Is anybody out there having a problem with dwell?"

You know,  I think your absolutely right.  I was thinking the same thing but
didn't want to post for fear of being wrong somehow.  With all these EEs
talking about dwell and such.  But GM uses the same modules on every engine
they make from 4s to 8s, and many foreign companies to including Lucas and
Marelli.  I KNOW they dont all make identical coils and such to go along with
their GM modules.