Dwell and HEI's

rbraun at mail.enter.net rbraun at mail.enter.net
Sat Feb 21 14:05:10 GMT 1998

AFAIK, dwell will be about 6 at idle and goto about 30 by 2500 rpm.
You must have at least a 10 gauge wire to the coil, I also ran a 10
gauge wire to the dist. to ground it.

On my '82 Bird with the Accel/DFI I fried 4 modules over two years.
Could never find a reason why. Two were Accel units, Melted the
sticker right off the top.  Accel replaced my ECM as a guess and I
added a heat sink to the bottom of the dist. under the module. BTW
this is a small diameter HEI.

BTW2, I think some of you on this list may be interested in books
from Mascotech, they print all the GM training manuals, I have the
Fuel injection book, (has basic description of each ECM I/O, plus ECM
pinouts) also states the dist. pickup coil out goes from 500 mv at
idle to over 100 volts at high speed.  Unfortunately no juicy info on
the PROMS or other programming info.
 Mascotech 1-800-393-4831
catalogs are free  (ask for GM training materials catalog)
FI book was $20.00 about two years ago.

Randy Braun     rbraun at enter.net
91  GTA
82 Firebird