Dwell and HEI's

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Sat Feb 21 23:45:56 GMT 1998

Yep, some of these may be easy to test, I'll be happy first to see what
works, and then jump into the different modules. The interesting thing is
that we are all looking at current limts and such for the rise time, but
I'm assuming that the coils primary resistance of the dual post will be
lower the the HEI's that in itself will make a big difference on saturation
time, also how toasty the module gets. Theory at this point...

Got to go and drill some holes on the heatsink and find a nice 'dummy load'
for some initial testing before I fry the place with the coils and all the
RFI that  happens.

Sandy

At 10:33 AM 2/21/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Sandy there are some points the group seems to be missing that you could look
>at.
>1-there are many different part numbers for the gm modules with many
>differences.
>2-test the current ramp of the circuit ( we use a lab scope and a
inductive low current probe on the power lead) and observe the actual off
to full on current