Dwell and HEI's

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Sat Feb 21 23:38:22 GMT 1998

At 12:52 AM 2/21/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Something seems too simple here, so pardon me if I've forgotten something
>you've already mentioned.  The modules used in systems with ECM controlled
>timing have an input for a digital signal.  I think some guys are calling
them
>4 pin types, I've always called them 7 or 8 pin types.  Anyway, apply 5 volts
>to the "bypass" line and the module is ready to do your digital bidding. I am
>thinking that it wouldn't need a signal voltage at the P and N terminals to
>work.  Then again, I have gotten into more trouble by thinking...
>
>Shannen

Shannen, their may be some confusion, but the modules that I am interested
in using are the older early version HEI ones, they are the the ones with a
total of 4 pins. If these don't work easily then I'll give the later ESC
modules a try. That thinking thing is exactly what gets me a lifetime
membership in the 'Code shaped hat club'

Sandy