KISS System

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Mon Feb 23 18:48:35 GMT 1998

My 323i has the Bosch K-Jet and it works OK, not when its cold or hot. It
is a pretty scary system, and although it looks simpler then the electronic
types, it is far from simple. Lots of mechanical things that can fail that
will hose the system, cold start valves, air valves, the rubber intake
belows, etc. It has/had an O2 sensor connected to an aftermarket module
that operated an bypass (looks like an injector) to adjust the fuel mixture
by adjusting the pulse width of the bypass. If you are really looking for a
KISS injection, get a Hilborn, it has a pump, a barrel valve, a bypass, and
that's all. They dont work that great unless expertly, and constantly tuned
however.

Sandy