MAF Upgrad

Peter Fenske ffnsp955 at bcit.bc.ca
Mon Feb 23 19:46:47 GMT 1998

Hi Larry

I have looked at using the LT1 maf on my 86 MAF.
The LT1 is FM vs the 86 Bosch analog.

Several people have used the Porsch Mafs bigger but mucho dollaro
And it is just a small matter to modify correction a wee bit.

The LT1 FM is possible since the V8 TPI code has an appendage
left over from the V6 FM maf. Most of the freq handling code
is there. The tables would have to change a bit.

However with the 89 with Vats there is a wee problem.
The Vats freq measuring pin is used by the V6 to measure
maf frequency. So you would lose your Vats a terrible thing.

Anyways the software is quite a mess. Just saying it could be
done..

And MAP ain't too bad.

In addition there is provision for N-alpha in the code
Ie rpm and tps. This is the backup code section
for the Maf

later:peter