FW: MAF Upgrad

xxalexx at ix.netcom.com xxalexx at ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 24 04:07:59 GMT 1998

> To:            diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> From:          "bruce plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>
> Subject:       Re: FW: MAF Upgrad
> Date:          Mon, 23 Feb 98 19:16:21 PST

> My .02 why not just come up with a MAP sensor to MAF output,
> converter.   This would be basically a simple voltage to freguency
> converter.  I've heard of this device, and it sounds simple, but
> it's beyond my skills.  Have the device look at air temp, engine
> vacuum, and rpm..  For the price of a replacement MAF this
> would be a great idea in my book, but hey what do I know.
> With a little (OK maybe alot), it could be programmable or
> have an adjustment knob for setting max flow displays to
> match max air flow usage of the engine.  So no resolution
> would be lost.
> HTH  Bruce  Wearing a cone shaped hat does not violate
>                      any truth in advertising laws...

There are VtoF and FtoV chips. To input other variables you would
need a microcontroller, with the capabilities of a FI controller.
How would it run if you just inputed MAF into MAP?
With no large lookup tables this could be made with 10830 cent PIC
and user adjusted with PC.  Of course since automotive product
would have to marked up 2000%.
alex