Maf and stuff.

peter paul fenske ffnsp955 at bcit.bc.ca
Tue Feb 24 07:03:32 GMT 1998

Hi Gang

Got to think bout GMs Maf.. Mark is right
the Maf can flow pretty good when hacksawed

However there is a software limit as the code
in written in gm ecms.. I guess they only wanted to use
on ram variable one byte.

So the airflow limit is as it stands 255gms per sec
about 375 HP I think but I am sure someone can
correct that.

I seem to recall there is a custom chip out there
that extends the Maf table by using tps and rpm.
Ie when you run outa Maf you use other sensors

Hp with this chip is quite good in the 450 class

Thinking about it metering at high airflow does
lend itself to N alpha very good but you can get
the accuracy of maf at lower airflows with this
system

take care:peter