FW: MAF Upgrad

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Feb 24 19:05:20 GMT 1998

>Fred, Why not operate your V-6 as two 2.05 liter 3 bangers.  Use 2 separate
>ECUs, each one fed by a single MAF?

Hey Gary,

Honestly, there is no technical reasons why - its more logistics.  I have a
GM ECM for the engine, as well as the appropriate coil-packs... so
seperating it too much is rather difficult.

You might find it interesting however, I wanted to run the stock setup,
with extra injectors drilled into the OEM manifold, triggered off the OEM
injector drives, with their pulsewidth managed by the boost level.  This
was the first rendition.

Then, I migrated to seperating the intake to alternating cylinders, running
the twin turbo's that way, and am probably going to run this here Haltech
unit :)  Its a little old (4 years), but it works.  This is until I devise
my own ECM from scratch - have the hardware design done, now have to trust
my abilities (ha) on the code :)

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/