Email Format

Bob Koure bobkoure at tiac.net
Wed Feb 25 04:14:27 GMT 1998

The list server should have no problems with MIME (MIME is an
encapsulation technology specifically designed to work with
routers/reflectors that know nothing about what's inside an email
message).
HTML is a different issue (unless it's correctly MIME encoded - in
which case there'd be a plain-text version at the beginning of the
message that any email reader can read.
The long lines are yet another issue - some email programs don't
insert "carriage returns" every so often (usually they just have one
at the end of a paragraph). This by itself is fine - as it'd let the
reading email program "wrap" the line to a convenient length (like the
width of the window it's currently occupying). Unfortunately, many
email programs do *not* wrap text, but just let is stream off to the
right, where you have to chase it.
BTW, some email programs will "wrap", but you have to turn it on as an
option somewhere (look for an option like "wrap text" buried in your
options dialog boxes.)
Hoping this makes things a bit clearer (rather than muddier).
Bob

Wayne Blair <wayneb at foxln.com.au> :