EPROM id

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Wed Feb 25 12:27:45 GMT 1998

Paul Tholey <pft101 at psu.edu> wrote:
> I was wondering if there was a way to id some EPROMs I got.  I actually had
> a problem finding a replacement chip for the GM 747 ecm.  I broke the
> original EPROM when I was pulling it out of the black holder.  I got a bunch
> of other ones from the yard.  Unfortunately they were not out of 747's.  So
> is there a way I can tell if they are suitable replacement for the one I
> broke?  Maybe some numbers on the bottom, or the top of the chip?

If they say 16032500, or 1603 2500, or just 32500, then you can use
them.  Some of these might also say ??2732?? on the bottom surface.

You can't if the say 16026403, or 1602 6403, or just 26403.

               unsigned long BinToBCD(unsigned long i) {unsigned long t;
Ludis Langens     return i ? (t = BinToBCD(i >> 1), (t << 1) + (i & 1) +
ludis at cruzers.com            (t + 858993459 >> 2 & 572662306) * 3) : 0;}