some news......

Alain Toussaint root at boisfrancs.qc.ca
Thu Feb 26 09:38:17 GMT 1998

this message have 2 part.

1:there where some member from this list who mailed me privately
about an e-mail that i made about a program to control the serial port
of a computer,with any bit rate possible,i can't remind the subject of it
anyway,the program is called DIAGS.ZIP and can be found at:
http://www.simtel.net/simtel.net/
it's a DOS program,and if you need one very good DOS (in my opinion)
have a look at http://www.caldera.com/ for their DR-openDOS (or DR-DOS,
i dont remember how they call'em),it's free and they even release the
sources code (some part for now,they will eventually release all of it
once they get the mess sorted)

2:let me do an
introduction about the problem i encountered,the 4 january night,i did
some web surfing (and reading my netscape IN-BOX account),and i opened
the yahoo site (part of the info i was interrested in my netscape in-box
was there on the yahoo site),my computer got infected with a virus at
that moment,i deleted the entire content of my hard-drive (and if anyone
need a foolproof method for deleting the entire content of your
hard-drive,mail me),i begun to install win95,i didn't worked because
my disk no.2 was bad (in fact i found 4 bad sector on it lately),i had
some luck,i was having a linux CD and a DOS set of disk,i installed
linux on my machine,this one worked good,i bought some book that my
ISP administrator was having but did not needed anymore,but there where
nothing about PPP networking in these (especially in the configuring
departement) so,i sended my computer at the ISP for configuring
(and spended 200$ for a disk drive,a new modem and configuration of
my boat anchor),so now,i can enjoy getting back online (trust me,
day's are boring when you cannot read your messages).