Thorley Headers

Joe Boucher jboucher at ctelcom.net
Sat Feb 28 14:21:39 GMT 1998

I have bought one set of headers in my life, a pair of Thorley's for my
Camaro.  They're about 8 years old.  I have only put about 20k on them.  If
I fire the car up, I make sure the headers are out enough to boil off some
of the water before I shut it down.  They fit right out of the box and I
have slant plug heads.  They sealed up.  I have to tighten the bolts every
once in a while.  The corrosion resistant chrome covering is beginning to
fade away.

I bought them in an attempt to broaden the torque range.  Beats the hell
out of me if they helped.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a set of tube headers these days without an
inside and outside ceramic coating.

Isn't there a company that sells cast iron exhaust manifolds that flow
well?  San-something?

Joe Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban