Electronic Distributor Less Ignition.

Mikey B Sorensen dane_boy at juno.com
Sat Feb 28 17:13:07 GMT 1998

Hi Everybody,
I have some questions that some of you might be able to answer..
I'm working on my own EFI, and I'm thinking about converting to
distributor less ignition.
I have seen coil-packs in both FORD's and GM's, So here is my questions:

1. Which is the best coilpacks (Ford or GM?). Take in consideration
Price (remember Ford's coilpacks has 2 outputs per pack and GM only 1 per
pack),
Performance (Highest output)
Best MTBF (Mean Time Before Failure).

2. What are the physical electric connections on the coilpacks.

3. On a V-8 which pattern should the coilpacks be fired??, which pair of
cylinders goes together??.

4. Did I forget any questions??.

Thanks for your attention..

Michael Sorensen