Thorley Headers

Andris Skulte askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Sat Feb 28 16:19:45 GMT 1998

I had a set of SLP Tri-Y headers on the 'ROC also, and I guess it did
help the midrange torque, since I got almost 400 at the rear wheels w/
stock heads and cam... I'm sure the TPI had some thing to do with it. It
was coated inside/outside, so the heat wasn't bad at all. If you're
going for the big HP (above 4k rpm), consider headers. If not, stick
with the manifolds. You can port them too, if ya like!

To keep this post somewhat on topic, Accel is sponsoring the Z28tt
project, and the DFI should be here in a week. How easy is it to get a
baseline setup? Is tuning and calibrating for your setup pretty much
trial and error?

Andris Skulte
Tufts Twin Turbo Camaro Project
http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~askulte/ttt/ttt.html