injector resistance

Chris Conlon synchris at ricochet.net
Mon Jan 5 05:02:46 GMT 1998

Scott Linder wrote:

> Ron Tyler wrote:
>
> >        Could someone please clarify what resistance each style of
> > injector requires to live a long healthy life.
>
> There is basicly two styles of injectors on the market.
> 1=high impedance  12-16 ohms
> 2=low impedance   1.5-3.0 ohms
>
> Both styles have a different purpose in life and each operate somewhat
> differently especially in the respect of applied current to operate.

I have a related question. I'm putting together an additional injector setup
for my engine, and I'm one of those cranks who thinks that fuel evaporation
isn't very complete, especially in a TPI setup. (Ok, call me neurotic or
whatever ;)  I'd like to Do Something about this supposed problem, so I plan
on a quad TBI setup. (In addition to the stock TPI system)  Once I figure out
what flow rate injectors to use, how do I go about picking units with the
finest possible spray?

OTOH if this is a non-problem, or I'll be *causing* problems, please enlighten
my just-gotta-go-messin-with-things butt. ;)

   Thanks all,
   Chris C.