Leaded/Unleaded

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Jan 6 16:50:58 GMT 1998

>How has your experience been with the Haltec?  I'm thinking of buying the
>"GME6" version for my car (Their GME6 comes already plumbed to plug into
>the existing 24/32 pin-connectored GM harness and is already wired to
>work with the existing engine peripherals such as MAP, EGR, Torque
>Converter Clutch solenoid, etc; but not the knock sensor); the "jobber"
price
>is $593.  Can you provide any user-experienced caveats on this company?

Overall, both I and my bud like the unit we have, not sure offhand which
one, but next time I stare at the firewall I'll let you know.  Its about a
year old I'd guestimate, and my friend was the one who purchased it, just
happens to be in a car of mine (good friend's are hard to find, right?).
Anyway, it works very well, has never given us one aota of trouble, except
for when we did something to it, such as select the wrong map, ground the
power lead (we ran out of red wire), and some other equally stupid things.

We found their technical support to be "okay".  Not amazing, but certainly
better than other vendors I've dealt with.  They always returned phone
calls, but were a little slow.  Also, I sensed frustration on their part
after we called a few times, but overall I think its a good system.  We
aren't running any emissions stuff on the car its installed on, so
installation wasn't complex at all, and I'm not sure if their products do
or do not support emissions.

Hope I helped.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606