Leaded/Unleaded

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Jan 6 16:51:02 GMT 1998

>The three angle may have done more harm than good. If hardened seats
>were not installed you just removed the "protected" layer of the seat,
>exposing raw iron.The lead coating does not take much to develop, and
>lasts a long time. If you don't believe me, ask a catalytic converter! A
>small amount of TL is all that is required for protection.

I can't say for sure... this was years ago before I had the courage to
unbolt anything larger than a breadbox, however the vehicle had a lot more
mileage placed on it and ran strong for about 80k miles after the rebuild,
which is when I sold the vehicle.

Sorry, can't say for sure.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606