Fuel line pressure drop (fwd)

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jan 8 01:42:31 GMT 1998

Your numbers are great for a steady state rate of
flow, but that is not the case for a EFI car, the area
above the injector must instantly fill for it to be
accurate the next time it opens.
  In a nut shell on my 320 HP with a light car, I wound
up with 1/2" supply for two 90 #/hr injectors.  IMHO
due to the above, granted I'm only at 12 PSI.  But,
Your most accurate tool might be using a pressure
guage on the return line, and make sure the is a
1 or more pounds of back pressure, or your motor
is running outta fuel.  On the Hi HP Buicks one of
the answers is two intank pumps with one for
NA, and both for boost conditions
  Then there's the basics clean filter road damage to
a supply line.  OEM Routing ie. on mine the lines
wrapped around the trans, and ran along a exhuast
pipe.
  Bruce                      .