injector resistance

Michael Baxter MBaxter at compuserve.com
Tue Jan 13 20:18:55 GMT 1998

Robert Harris <bob at bobthecomputerguy.com> writes:

>> If it ain't vapour it ain't agonna burn.  Period.  See laws of physics -

combustion section.

Ideally, for maximum power, fuel "droplets" will enter the cylinder
under their
boiling temp, having absorbed the maximum heat from the mixture possible
(thereby making it as dense as possible), and will then completely vaporize

after the intake valve closes and prior to ignition.

<<

I agree with you 100%. But Gary said "vaporize coming out of the
injectors." That would reduce VE unless it was direct injection and I was
wondering what Honda was thinking. I know Honda's engineers know what
they're doing, just wondering what they're up to? There is a lot of R&D in
the racing world to minimize the vaporization of fuel upstream of the
intake valve and now Honda is doing it on purpose....they must know
something the rest don't.

!^NavFont02F02DB000EMGoHGxMH6AHIDD0921

 -- Michael Baxter, MBaxter at Compuserve.com
 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/MBaxter
 From Reno, NV USA on 13-Jan-1998