ALDL project

Will Honea whonea at codenet.net
Sat Jan 17 02:59:42 GMT 1998

I just snagged this group and spent the time to scan the archives on this topic - just what I needed, since
I was in the process of 're-inventing the wheel', as it were.  As the project has progressed as far as it
has, the following document may provide some info for future reference as it (inevitably) progresses into
OBDII.  All the communications protocols are explained in detail - frames, formats, etc.  No specific codes,
but at least it defines the data formats!

ftp://download.intel.com/design/intarch/papers/J1850_WP.PDF
  - or -
http://134.134.214.34/design/intarch/papers/j1850_wp.pdf

Now, if I can just paste enough of this together to figure out what the !@#$%^ is going on with my wife's
Cadillac Cimmaron, I might be able to contribute a bit - MSEE, 25 years experience in data aquisition and
analysis, I have access to PCB facilities if it ever gets that far.

Will