Motorola on Motorola &

Ludis Langens ludis at netcom.com
Sat Jan 17 12:13:52 GMT 1998

ECMnut <ECMnut at aol.com> wrote:
>Are there any affordable eprom burners for the Mac?

Jameco Electronics (800-831-4242) has two inexpensive serial port EPROM
programmers.  Part number 82384 ($199.95) handles up to 24 & 28 pin chips.
Part number 81699 ($249.95) extends that to 32 pins.  Both communicate via
a serial port and use the Motorola (S19 & etc.) format for data.  The only
software you need on your computer end is a terminal emulator with capture
capability.

I've got the "smaller" of the two.  It is working great with a Mac.  But I
wish I had gotten the "larger" version - in addition to the 32 pin chips,
it has more selections for programming voltage and algorithm.  Neither
version will program the TMS2516, TMS2532, TMS2564, or the Motorola 24 pin
8K*8 EPROM.  I had to build an adapter for 2532's.

BTW, these programmers are made in Europe and they use a Motorola 6805
microcontroller.

                   unsigned long BinToBCD(unsigned long i) {unsigned long t;
Ludis Langens         return i ? (t = BinToBCD(i >> 1), (t << 1) + (i & 1) +
ludis at netcom.com                 (t + 858993459 >> 2 & 572662306) * 3) : 0;}