Using PLC?

John Carroll jac at wavecom.net
Sat Jan 17 13:50:38 GMT 1998

I have considered trying exactly this.  The robust input and output
as well as the available interfaces make them appealing.  My main
concern is that in order to make the hardware fast enough to keep
up with an engine, one would have to hijack the software and take
over the entire operation of the device.  I bet this will be about as
much work as doing the same thing to an automotive ECU and the
underlying base of engine oriented software does not exist.  One
would have to bootstrap the entire project.

If some other group is dedicated to modifying PLCs the way this group
is dedicated to ECUs, many of the problems may have been solved.

A phone call to PLC Direct at 800-633-0405 will get anyone a catalog
of current PLC technology.

John Carroll

> I am interested in using a PLC to control a fuel injection system, anyone
> currently attempting this project, and is it feasible?  I have seen someone
> using a pc, but would like to use a low cost plc.
John Carroll
jac at wavecom.net